Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Welcome

If you have found this site, you most likely have lost a baby or are losing one. I'm so very sorry. I hate that anyone would need the information on this site, but I pray that it is helpful to you.

I'm aware that quite a number of non-Orthodox people have accessed this site and found it helpful and that's good. It was never my intention to be exclusive about who is welcome here! Even if you don't share my faith, please do avail yourself of the rest of the site. The pages that are most specific to Orthodoxy are Prayers and Liturgics and the Touchstone article. The Actual Process is entirely medical in nature and the Photographs page is just that. In addition, while many of the stories are about Orthodox families, not all of them are. All of this is simply to say that you should be able to find what you need comfortably without feeling like I'm forcing my faith upon you.

This site is always going to be a work in progress as more parents add their stories and photographs. In addition I will add any relevant news items here on the main page under this post. If there is anything you think should be added here or any corrections you would like to make, again, feel free to email me.

May the most Holy Lady Theotokos, the Mother of God, comfort you in your grief, as she has comforted me in mine.

-Matushka A.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for creating such a sensitive, honest, and sane website about pregnancy loss. I have lost three pregnancies in the last 14 months, and your stories and photos have brought me a lot of comfort.

Other than losing a pregnancy we might not share much in common, but your kindness is transcendent and unifying.

Thank you.

Matushka Anna said...

Thank you, Anonymous. I'm glad you found comfort here.

Trish said...

thinking of you, your family and your sweet babies in heaven and praying for each of you.

Amy said...

Oh my heart aches terribly for you! I am so sorry to read about your loss! Wow. Words cannot express the comfort I wish I could give. I wish there was something I could do. You are so strong and I know the knowledge you have will be a comfort to you. You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am a man and I stumbled across a miscarriage video on youtube and I felt a great compassion for the young woman who expressed her experience. I was unable to be at peace after seeing the video so I searched the internet to understand more and read other stories. I've heard of miscarriages many times before but only at surface value. Now that I am more aware of the physical, and emotional pain that women experience, I will be in prayer for all you brave women who endure such a loss. I will continue to be supportive and sensitive. Thank you for sharing this blog and opening up my eyes and my heart.

Matushka Anna said...

Anonymous, I am so touched that you (1) even watched a video about miscarriage and (2) searched around and found this site. Thank you for letting me know. This has not been an easy site to work on and it helps keep me going when I read comments like yours.

Teófilo de Jesús said...

Christ is born!

This is an excellent, timely blog. I've linked to it from mine. May the Lord richly bless you.

+JMJ,
~Theo

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of miscarrying... I found out day before yesterday that my baby died 4 weeks ago. I haven't started spotting. I am not really cramping, either. I have opted for a natural miscarriage and have taken some Cohosh to help the process along since Teeny passed 4 weeks ago at 10 weeks. I am really horribly sad. My husband left for a special school yesterday morning, so I am all alone right now. If you have any thoughts or advice on how to get through this, that would be incredible. Thanks a bunch.

Matushka Anna said...

Anonymous, could you email me? (lostinnocentsorthodox (at) gmail (dot) com)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your website, thank you for helping me cope. I am miscarrying now, I am 11 weeks, but I found out yesterday he stopped growing at 7 weeks. No heartbeat. I am thankful for the stories and most of all for the photos. God is good in ALL things, I find comfort in the book of Job- God gives and takes away, but still I will praise Him. My heart goes out to each family that goes through this loss. Again, thank you.

Matushka Anna said...

Anonymous, I am so glad you found something that helped. (((hugs))) Thank you for leaving a comment to let me know.

Anonymous said...

I lost my baby girl on October 25th 1986. On October 25th 2003 my first grandchild was born. I wept as I had every year since my baby Laura left me, but there was a tiny four pound little boy in my arms that God had given us. I cried again.

Matushka Anna said...

Anonymous, I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Laura, but grateful for the blessing of the grandchild for you! What incredible timing.

Hope said...

I am a christian and I have lost three very early ones. It was very challenging for my walk with God.

http://babymakingfromhope.blogspot.sg

I am still hurting.