Friday, January 11, 2013

Photographs

I have so, so many people come to Lost Innocents to see the photographs. I know while most people are looking because they have lost a baby or are currently losing one, for some it's idle curiosity. I don't mind because they will then be exposed to the beauty of God's creation. Coming upon this site by "chance" isn't even that because there is a reason for everything. There are people who have told me that they found Lost Innocents and when they later experienced a miscarriage they had somewhere to turn. God forbid I should suggest that if you are reading this you are meant to lose a baby. Nonsense. But what if your friend or someone else you know does? People have also told me that they were able to send their sister or cousin to this site when needed.

Given that so many people are positively affected by seeing these exquisite babies, please help if you can by assisting me to complete that page. There are many weeks gestation still left blank. A computer model of a baby is no substitute for seeing an actual baby cradled in a parent's hand. I have never received a negative comment either here or by email from someone who didn't like the photographs. People have always been extremely grateful. Some women said they were finally at peace seeing what the baby they had lost many years (sometimes decades) ago would have looked like.

Could you please help make the photographs page a more complete one? Please contact me by email (lostinnocentsorthodox (at) gmail (dot) com) if you think you might want to help. I appreciate more than you can imagine the generosity of all the parents who have already shared their precious children with us.

Thank you.

(In addition, if you would like to share the story of your pregnancy and baby's birth, I would be honored to include it on the "your stories" page.)

4 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie. You might want to let the mommies of preemies who passed know that even if in the photos their baby is alive it would be helpful. I think that might help fill in some of the gaps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certainly happy to post photos of babies who were still alive at the time of their photograph but I also want to include as many babies as possible who died before birth. The specific reason is that the physical body will undergo changes after death. Parents who are wondering what their baby will look like after birth will be less shocked if they have already seen photographs of deceased babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so much I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    http://theemptycookie.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok sweetie! :) I just wanted you to have the award and the link to you will hopefully bring you more people to see your beautiful page!

    I also fully understand. I'm not able to have more children and I have to kind of watch which blogs I follow now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. If you have a comment or question you are not comfortable leaving in a comment box, then feel free to e-mail me directly. We appreciate the opinions of others, but would remind you to present them with Christian charity.