Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Upcoming: "An Orthodox Pastoral Approach to Miscarriage"

I have been very blessed to read a paper sent to me by Fr. Peter Jon Gillquist entitled, "An Orthodox Pastoral Approach to Miscarriage". I believe it is yet unpublished and I will probably be seeking permission to post it here on Lost Innocents. It is a very good work and I want it to be read widely. I have written a review and will be posting that here as soon as I have permission from Fr. Peter. As Orthodox we stand up for the rights of the unborn but we do not have a universal, compassionate policy regarding the treatment of babies who die before birth. This needs to change. I hope that in publicizing the work by Fr. Peter I can help effect that change.


3 comments:

  1. I have heard of his paper and am looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of it, but it sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much looking forward to its publication!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. If you have a comment or question you are not comfortable leaving in a comment box, then feel free to e-mail me directly. We appreciate the opinions of others, but would remind you to present them with Christian charity.