Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Prayer of Thanksgiving

Most merciful Lord, we thank Thee for allowing us to share in the wonder of thy creation by being co-creators of these precious lives. We thank Thee for the blessing of time spent with our children, however short it may seem to us in this life, and for the assurances of their eternal life in Heaven, free from all trouble, pain and sorrow. We know that Thou hast immeasurable love for our children, as well as for ourselves. Grant that we may live with peace and gratitude, free from any bitterness, knowing that one day we will be reunited with the souls of our children. O Lord, Thou who will wipe every tear from every face, comfort us in our sorrow, and grant our souls great mercy. Amen.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this site. I just experienced my first miscarriage yesterday, although I have three live children. As devastating as this is, it is unspeakably helpful to have a place to talk about it. This site has helped me prepare, physically and emotionally, for my miscarriage, and I just can't thank you enough. I am an Orthodox deacon's wife in southern NM, but I love that this site is open to anyone. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matushka, I'm so sorry for your loss. May your child's memory be eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Matushka Anna. Memory eternal indeed, little one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. If you have a comment or question you are not comfortable leaving in a comment box, then feel free to e-mail me directly. We appreciate the opinions of others, but would remind you to present them with Christian charity.